Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Laughter Yoga

Laughter Yoga is the latest craze. The news shows all seem to be featuring a segment on it.

The premise is simple. A hearty laugh confers all sorts of benefits. Blood pressure goes down, blood oxygen level goes up, stress melts away.

According to the proponents of laughter yoga, you don't have to start with a real laugh. Forcing a fake, "Ha ha, ho ho" can lead you into a more natural, unforced laugh. Just give it a try.

My wife has been using the technique while taking her blood pressure and almost always sees a good result.

As much as I like to make other people laugh, I don't cut loose with a big guffaw too often. So I wonder: can I substitute a really impressive string of profanity? If my technique proves to work, I will start my own club to meet in the mornings. Imagine us out there in the park at the same time as the laughing club.

"Ha ha ha. Ho ho ho."

"!@#$%^)((9876568978890!!!!!!!!"

"Ho ho ho! Hee hee hee!"

")(*9876rty&*(*&^%$#$%~!@65467!!!"

I don't know. It's making me laugh.

No comments: